In just ten short days, I (Elizabeth) will give up my home in China in exchange for my home in America. Zack will do the same two weeks after me. We are both filled with excitement, nervousness, nostalgia, uncertainty...the list goes on. But right now, the emotion I want to focus on is excitement. As you all know, our life in China is vastly different from our life in America. There are so many things that I do on a daily basis in America that I never do in China. So today, I’d like to share with you a list of things that I haven’t done in ONE YEAR (maybe even two for some things) that I can’t wait to do again soon!!!
It’s been a year since I have...
- seen my family
- driven a car
- drunk a Dr. Pepper
- eaten salad
- been to a movie theater
- gone swimming
- worn high heels
- set foot in a church building
- rented a movie
- tipped a waiter
- held a baby
- brushed my teeth with tap water
- eaten American Chinese food
- bought new clothes or shoes
- used facebook without a proxy
- used a dryer to dry my clothes
- vacuumed
- used a dishwasher
- had a haircut
- eaten fish
- listened to the radio
- used youtube
- spoken spanish
- seen people of different races
- exercised for the sake of exercise
and, saving the best for last...
- hugged my baby sister
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment