May 13, 2009

I want it that way

This week in my classes, I (elizabeth) have been teaching my students about American music.  I teach them about many different genres, and play them a song to represent each genre.  After each song was finished, I asked my students to raise their hands if they liked the song.  I'm not sure there is any better representation of our students' attitude and mentality than the outcome of the hand-raising.  I will show the results below, with the name of the artist I played for them followed by the number of hand-raises the artist received.

Ray Charles - 0
Ella Fitzgerald - 0
Johnny Cash - 3
James Brown - 0
Elvis Presley - 6
Guns N Roses - 1
Snoop Dogg - 0
Backstreet Boys - 31

There are 31 students in the class, all between the ages of 18 and 20, both male and female.

No comments: