May 17, 2010

Nacho Libre

So every once in a while, a teacher gets lazy and decides to show her students a movie instead of teaching.  My students are well aware of this fact.  When I went into class on Friday and said "Your teacher isn't feeling well, so...." I couldn't finish the sentence because the students had already begun cheering.  Boy, do I feel loved.  Anyway, the movie I had decided to show them was Nacho Libre.  Part of their assignment was to write down some words they heard in the movie that they didn’t understand, and to guess the meanings of those words.  Here are some of the words I found in their homework, in their original mistake-ridden format:

lotion  =  a kind of scream
nucleus  =  trousers
sacred  =  deeply frightened
bum  =  bottock
pro  =  frofessor
friar  =  fighter
nun  =  fun
pony  =  small house
orplan  =  a child without parents
celibacy  =  not sexing
slack  =  loozy
pubby  =  a lively dog
bum  =  the part of your body on which we sit
PJs   =  night pub
buttload  =  some animal

And, since I feel like I can’t blog without pictures, I’ve included pictures of my students having class outside

No comments: